ZOMBIES Zombies are as follows:
- Zombies are shambling remains of human corpses. (Occasionally, zombies of other creatures will exist, but they are rare.)
- Zombies are slow: they don’t run, and they shuffle along at about 3/4 of the pace of a human, unless they shuffle more slowly.
- Zombies don’t mind getting their asses kicked: in fact they’re mindless. Any attempt to confuse them (with words) or reason with them epic fails. They don’t feel pain, per say- or at least, they don’t react to it. What this means in game turns is: you can’t interrupt a zombie by causing it pain.
- Zombies can be confused with words, in that they are sounds. Sound signifies prey, and if that prey is bigger, or closer, or more yummy, a zombie will search for it, rather than one that is not making much noise.
- Zombies dislike head shots. Any attack that gets past the skull destroys the zombie 99% of the time (roll a d%, if you’re a dick, or just make it 100%.)
- Zombies are the result of a “virus”. Though they are “dead,” they are still “affected”... in any case, their bodies are animated, and when they bite you you get infected. When you are infected, and you die, you become a zombie. More on that later.
- Zombies may or may not try to get you by climbing. If you are above where they can reach you, they may just mill in confusion. There is a 50% chance a zombie is too stupid to climb.
- Zombies do not use manufactured weapons. For example, a zombie with an axe, drops it, and does not use it. Even if you tie the zombie to the axe, chances are it will not hit you with the axe.
- Zombies bite and scratch. Generally, they try first to grab and claw you, and then to bite you.